Engine Sentai Go-Onger
Engine Sentai Go-onger (炎神戦隊ゴーオンジャー, Enjin Sentai Gōonjā, ) is Toei Company's thirty-second installment in the Super Sentai metaseries of Japanese tokusatsu television series. It premiered on February 17, 2008, a week following the finale of Juken Sentai Gekiranger, and ended on February 8, 2009. It aired as part of TV Asahi's 2008 Super Hero Time block alongside Kamen Rider Kiva. Its footage was used for the American series, Power Rangers RPM.
- Despite Super Sentai naturally being lighthearted, the overall tone and execution set in this show was really annoying, feeling like a mix between Ressha Sentai ToQger and Shuriken Sentai Ninninger.
- The Engine Sentai might be one of the worst Sentai teams as each character has at least one fatal flaw that brings down their character.
- Sosuke Esumi/Go-On Red was a stereotypical hotheaded Red who's incredibly egotistical and shows no leadership skills.
- Renn Kousaka/Go-On Blue was extremely forgettable as he didn't really have a personality outside of being "quiet" (take that however as you may).
- Saki Rouyama/Go-On Yellow was just the girly archetype whose catchphrase was very irritating and is was used in a much better manner by Kengo Manaka/Ultraman Trigger (which says a lot).
- Hant Jou/Go-On Green was also very forgettable as he was just a dorky kid who liked pretty girls.
- Gunpei Ishihara/Go-On Black was originally written to be the much needed straight man, but immediately ends up being one of the most outlandish and over the top characters.
- The Engines were the second (prominent) sentient mechs, but ended up just being knock-off versions of the Dino Buddies from Abaranger, except without all of their personalable connections and dynamics.
- The villains are pointless in this show, their motivations involve pollution which doesn't make any sense as their fighting against heroes with vehicle powers (something that causes pollution).
- The suits, mechs, and monster designs are really gaudy and dumb-looking.
- The opening can be really annoying and will get stuck in your head for all the wrong reasons.
- Many of the episodes are really bad especially GP 31.
- Everyone came back in 2018, for Engine Sentai Go-Onger: 10 Years Grand Prix which wasn't much better.
- Despite the annoying tone, the acting is actually pretty top notch, especially Yasuhisa Furuhara's performance as Sosuke.
- He was also much more tolerable in later appearances.
- While not the best, the Go-On Wings were very good sixth rangers.
- The show had two team ups with Juken Sentai Gekiranger and Samurai Sentai Shinkenger, which are two of the best crossovers of the franchise.
- Some fans may still enjoy the childish nature of this show.
- If it wasn't for Go-Onger, we wouldn't have gotten Power Rangers RPM
- It was much more popular than than Kamen Rider Kiva, the Rider season that was airing alongside it.
- It was also 10x better than the first vehicle Sentai.
- Because of this and other feedback, many of the high points of the show can be read on the Best TV Shows Wiki.