Dream of Love (Adventure Time)
"Dream of Love" is the fourth episode of the fourth season of Adventure Time.
Tree Trunks is courted by an oinking suitor, but much to everyone's dismay, their public displays of affection interfere with everyone's normal lives.
Why It's Not A Dream For Love
- To get Tree Trunks out of the room: There are too many scenes of Tree Trunks and Mr. Pig making out in a kids' show.
- The song in this episode, Dream of Love, is tone-deaf and not very good.
- Tree Trunks and Mr. Pig's way of flirting is odd: They twerk at each other in a kids' show.
- They are so clingy beyond belief as they act like they can't function properly without each other, which is kinda sweet, but also makes no sense even by Adventure Time standards, as just because you're away from someone you love doesn't mean you can't do anything.
- They keep making out in all the most unusual and inappropriate places that they have no reason to be in at all (i.e. Finn and Jake's treehouse, a baby carriage, a library book, Finn's cheese sandwich, even a drive-in theater in front of a projection). And everyone else is treated in the wrong for being so uncomfortable with this that they'd try to break them apart.
- Misleading title card: The title card shows Tree Trunks dressed in a bridal veil, which implies that she is going to get married in this episode. However such a wedding does not happen although she later does get married in “Apple Wedding.”
- The voice acting and animation are great, as usual.
- The title card looks great, despite being misleading.
- Depending on your view, the parts where Tree Trunks and Mr. Pig were making out can be funny.
Dream of Love is currently the second-lowest-rated Adventure Time episode on IMDB, beaten only by "Water Park Prank".