Disney Channel sitcoms (2009-2012)
While most of the Disney Channel sitcoms from 1983-2008 and 2013 onwards were well received, the same can't be said for most of the ones from 2009 to 2012. The network also gained a bad reputation for pushing them to the front and relegating Mickey Mouse and the gang to shows on Disney Junior and Disney XD.
Why Most of Them Sucked
- The main problem with these sitcoms is that they don't stay true to the channel's original routes and lack the charm, wit, and creativity of the sitcoms from 1983-2008 and 2013 onwards, and they share many of the same problems as the modern Nickcoms and Viacom's reality shows.
- Many bad sitcoms from this era, such as:
- Terrible writing that consists of the following things:
- Poorly executed or done parodies.
- Unfunny puns and/or jokes that drag on far too long, gross-out humor, and generally obnoxiously annoying humor.
- Insulting the intelligence of their audience and treating them like a bunch of idiots.
- Pure filler padded in whenever needed.
- Mean-spirited moments.
- Childish/nonsensical plots.
- The acting ranges from being mediocre to laughably bad.
- Bad morals. For instance, A.N.T. Farm says that you shouldn't stand up for someone when they're getting bullied.
- They sometimes have unlikable, one-dimensional, obnoxious, annoying, stereo-typical, unoriginal, or cliched characters.
- Lexi Reed from A.N.T. Farm is a rip-off of Jade West from Victorious, and that character herself is no better.
- They try too hard to be hip, modern, cool, and edgy with kids.
- The special effects in some shows, like Season 4 of Wizards of Waverly Place, are cheap and mediocre looking. Some higher-budget live-action sitcoms have better special effects and look very good for the most part.
- The sets can look very cheap, boring, and pathetic.
- Some sitcoms have no character development or redemption.
- These shows do have some good and/or decent episodes.
- Some of these can have creative concepts but are poorly executed.
- Some have a few funny moments and jokes that work.
- There are some good/decent sitcoms in this era, such as:
- Some of them have good acting, mainly with the good Disney Channel sitcoms in this era.
- MOST of the bad sitcom shows had good endings! Here are the examples: "Band of Brothers", "Remember Me", "Who Will Be the Family Wizard", The Wizards Return: Alex vs. Alex, "The New York ExperiANTs" and "Stan's Secret Is Out" are good examples how to end the series.
- The theme songs are usually catchy.
- Some of the Disney Channel sitcoms in this era, like Shake it Up and A.N.T. Farm, did slightly improve over time.
- Unlike the modern Nickcoms, Disney Channel's sitcoms have improved and gotten redemption since 2013.
Disney Channel's sitcoms from 2009 to 2012 have received mixed, mixed-to-positive, or mixed-to-negative reviews from critics, audiences, and fans of the network. The network became notorious for its focus on teen sitcoms and idols.
|Shake it Up||5.0/10|
|Wizards of Waverly Place (season 4)||6.9/10|
|Dog with a Blog||4.9/10|