Darwin's Yearbook (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Darwin's Yearbook is a 6 episode miniseries based on The Amazing World of Gumball. It aired on Saturdays at 10am throughout December 2019 on Cartoon Network.
Because Gumball is in detention, Darwin is put in charge of designing the cover to The Elmore Junior High yearbook. So he decides to think of 5 of his classmates to add to the cover.
Why It Sucks
- It seems very unnecessary to exist when The Amazing World of Gumball ended 6 months before this miniseries came out and nobody asked for it, and it ruins the cliffhanger.
- It's mostly just a generic clip show miniseries. The fact that it was made during a time where on-demand broadcasts were available makes this miniseries completely pointless.
- Almost no new footage; all the new footage is completely lazy too because they only involve Darwin talking to his classmates on the computer.
- The miniseries completely contradicts "The Inquisition", as despite Elmore being sent to the Void at the end of the aforementioned episode, there is a Banana Joe clip from the aforementioned episode. Either this miniseries is completely non-canon, this miniseries is a major plot hole, this miniseries takes place after the movie, or the executives were greedy.
- The press release promised 6 new episodes, but how are they 6 new episodes when they're just clip show episodes?
- Weak plot, as it's just Darwin chatting with his classmates to finish a yearbook and various clips from previous episodes being shown.
- Despite being a spin-off, Ben Bocquelet was not involved at all.
- Clayton's episode is completely misleading, as it focuses more on Tobias than Clayton.
- Awful ending: When Darwin finishes the yearbook cover, the program crashes and it erases everything, making Darwin pass it on to Gumball. All that hard work put into for nothing.
- It explains what happened to Rachel, Tobias' sister, who hasn't been seen since Season 1.
- Some of the clips are kinds funny