Danger Force is an American comedy television series created by Christopher J. Nowak that premiered on Nickelodeon on March 28, 2020. The series is a spinoff of Henry Danger and includes returning stars Cooper Barnes and Michael D. Cohen. Starring alongside them are Havan Flores, Terrence Little Gardenhigh, Dana Heath, and Luca Luhan.
Why It Sucks
- It wasn't really necessary to even exist because Henry Danger ended a week before the show came out, and Nickelodeon already had the idea to make a spinoff of it. Shows like Planet Sheen only had a few years to come out after the original ended. So it's either end the show and to make a spin-off a few years later, or just keep the show going and don't make a spinoff at all.
- The start of the episode "Say My Name" contains way too many unfunny jokes, which just makes the show less exciting and even less funny.
- Poor acting, like in the parent show.
- In the episode "Mime Games", the team claims that saying French is just English with very ridiculous accents. Not to mention that is making the show insulting to people with French accents or in other words, offending them.
- The names of some people are also unoriginal; one of them even has the name "Mr. Guilty".
- Just like the original Henry Danger as well as other Nickelodeon sitcoms, this show constantly uses laugh tracks on scenes that aren't even funny like a deadly gas leak as you can see from the start of this video
- The superheroes in the show don't even act like superheroes at all, they literally reveal their secrets to the villains and also get distracted by certain animals they see.
- On the scene where the man with a bag on his face while robbing the "nacho mall" is obviously fake. Even the scene where the nacho lady cries sounds obviously fake.
- Way too many unfunny jokes in the show, some of the examples is the pants joke in one of the episodes and the goat who says butt.
- Overuse of conflicts.
- Much like Teen Titans Go!, most of the show doesn't even feel like a superhero show as most of the heroes just stay in their house or school making unfunny jokes (as mentioned above).
- Unnecesary fourth wall breaks like the episode "Chapa's Crush" where the actors mentioned the other actors are going "out of character".
- The episode "Quaran-kini" is a terrible and insensitive parody of the COVID-19 pandemic, not to mention being filled to the brim with fart jokes. Also who names their factory "The Bhutt factory?! They simply could have changed it for the modern era since its a family last name tradition.
- They were resorted to made 5-minute episodes, which shows how lazy the production values are. (they're back to normal length now)
- It also might be the reason why they had to be shortened to 5 minutes because of a virus spreading everywhere.
- Like its parent show, it's offensive to the LGBTQ+ community, with Frankie Grande being portrayed a gay stereotype.
- It has mediocre continuity like in the episode Mika in the Middle, they have a system about if you snitch 6 times, you will get punished but in the next episode, Miles snitches' on his sister and no one cared.
- In the episode Say My Name, there is a scene that shows Captain Man on TV in the 70's, which does not make sense as he got his powers when he was 8 in 1989, so he was not even born yet.
- Most modern Nickelodeon sitcoms have a little "gimmick". For example, the show Side Hustle's gimmick is of course the app they make to pay off their debt. Danger Force also has a gimmick, which are the members not good at using their superpowers. Sometimes, these gimmicks can lead to tons of opportunities that can make the show better and even involve character development. However, by the first season this gimmick is already ended. As seen in the episode with Henry, Danger Force can fully control their powers when they fight Blackout.
- This also shows that the writers are lazy enough to change something big just for one scene.
- The theme song is actually awesome and way better than the theme song of its original show.
- The costumes look good.
- While most of the jokes are bad, some would fit in the "so bad, they're good" category.
- The promotional art looks very nice.
Danger Force was panned by critics, audiences and fans of Henry Danger. It has an IMDb rating of a 4.2. It is considered to be one of the worst Nickelodeon shows of all-time.
- Dan Schneider didn't create this show because of his retirement back in 2018.
- Jace Norman's character, Henry Hart briefly returns for a guest appearance in "The Return of the Kid".