Da Möb is an American-Swedish-Canadian animated series created by Magnus Carlsson (creator of Robin and The Three Friends and Jerry) that aired on Sveriges Television in Sweden and ABC Family & SpikeTV in the USA.
Three youngsters form a rap band called Da Möb and go on misadventures to try to get a record deal; however, they are untalented and they are fighting a losing battle to make it in the music business.
Why It Sucks
- Unimpressive animation, much like Little Einsteins and Wonder Pets the show tries to combine 2D animated characters with realistic backgrounds, but it ends up looking really weird, the 2D animation for the characters is bland, and the backgrounds look low quality.
- Obnixous and laughable voice acting, most of the characters speak really loud and have annoying voices.
- Rooster is a very unlikeable protagonist, he acts very egotistical and frequently treats his friends, JT & Tom quite poorly.
- It tries way too hard to be hip & cool, way too much slang is used.
- Awful humor, for example, one of the jokes involve a doctor making weird faces with his belly.
- It doesn't even have the same charm as Magnus's prior shows Robin and The Three Friends and Jerry.
- Strange scenes, such as the hallucinations in episode 1.
- Repitive theme song, that says "Da Möb Y'all" a-lot.
- Despite being adult oriented, the series for some reason ended up airing on a Kids network in the US, though it eventually ended up moving to a more fitting adult network, Spike, 2 years later.
- Crappy character designs.
- It feels way too similar to Ed, Edd n Eddy, as both are about 3 youngsters (who are all male) going on various misadventures and are hated by most people in their town.
- Many cliched characters, like JT is pretty much the nervous fat stereotype who eats a-lot.
- Dumb names for the characters.
- JT & Tom are likeable characters.
- Some funny moments here and there.
- The animation, while unimpressive, is surprisingly good.
- While repetitive, the theme song is pretty catchy.