Da Flippity Flop (American Dad!)
Warning! This article is NSFW!
This article may contain content unsuitable for readers under eighteen years or older.
Da Flippity Flop is the nineteenth and final episode of the eighth season of American Dad!
When Klaus's human body resurfaces, Stan's lab destroys it before he can get it back. Klaus seeks his revenge by switching bodies with Stan. At the same time, Roger runs a gym out of the Smith family's attic.
Why It Flopped
- Klaus is at his absolute worst in this episode. He switches bodies with Stan. Although this is some form of payback, Klaus goes too far and he tries to wreck it. He even whispers to Stan that he'll never let Stan have his body again.
- While not as bad as Klaus, Stan is also somewhat unlikeable as he refuses to help Klaus become a human again, causing human Klaus to rot. This episode could be considered the start of Stan’s flanderization.
- The subplot with Roger trying to make Steve get a long-term membership at his new gym in the attic is uninteresting.
- The subplot also overuses racist jokes and stereotypes towards Asians.
- The scenes with the rotten human Klaus body are very disturbing to watch.
- The bad “Standing up for yourself is wrong” moral is taught in this episode as Klaus gets fed up with how Stan mistreated him in this episode and many episode before, yet the episode chooses to depict Klaus as the one in the wrong for it by using Stan’s body for sex and drugs.
- Overall, it was an atrocious way to end season 8, which had already started on a sour note.
- Hayley and Francine are still likeable.
- And Stan does become somewhat tolerable towards the end.
- Good Ending: In the end, Stan and Klaus switch back to their normal bodies.