From 2003 until 2014, Joel Veitch and his website, RatherGood, produced several television adverts for the British Milkshake mix brand, Crusha. These adverts have been infamously known for their uncanny appearance and weirdness. Short versions of the commercials aired on Nickelodeon between shows to sponsor the afternoons.
- Field (2003, advert above)
- Gym (2008)
- Disco (2010)
- Nickelodeon Sponsor Commercials (2011-2013)
- Rap (2013)
Why We Don’t Want Some Crusha
- The "animation" is just photoshopped pictures of cats and cows on a still image.
- The plot makes no sense. It features cats dancing, doing various things, and Crusha bottles falling on cows.
- The lyrics for the commercials are very annoying, and repetitive, same goes with the music.
- The cows appear to be regular pictures of the respective animal, but when they're crushed, they have really creepy-looking faces.
- Near the end of the first ad, It shows a close-up of a cow which is creepy and nightmarish.
- The Nickelodeon sponsors parodies various media in weird ways such as George of the Jungle, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, and Beyoncé's Single Ladies music video.
- The 2014 commercials are completely animated, and are different in tone, as the company who produces the product (Silver Spoon) wanted to focus on a younger demographic.
- While the 2010s RatherGood commercials are still quite poorly photoshopped, they have a bit more effort than the 2000s ones.