Cousins For Life
Cousins For Life is a short-lived Nickelodeon TV show created by Kevin Kopelow and Heath Seifert, centering around two cousins who move together. The show's pilot aired on November 24, 2018, while the rest of the episodes aired January 5, 2019 and ended on June 8, 2019.
Why It Sucks
- The show's special effects are extremely poorly made, an example of this is in the pilot episode, when their pet pig, Arthur, looks like he's flying, when he is supposed to be lifted by the ice cream scooper.
- One of the main characters, Leaf, has no reason to be in the show other then owning their pet pig, Arthur. Other then that he has no reason to be in the show.
- Terrible fast-paced background music.
- The first episode (if the pilot Moving In is not counted), called Space Invader, is a complete copy of an episode of The Loud House with the same exact name.
- The show was advertised horribly on Nickelodeon for multiple reasons, such as:
- When there's an ad for the show, it played on the channel way too much, usually the same ad for the show sometimes played 4-5 times in a row.
- One of the show's promos stole music from a mobile game. The promo was for the episode "Scammer Time."
- Some of the promos were misleading.
- The promos acted like the show jumped the shark, even though it never did.
- The scene in the episode "Blending a Hand" where Jackson eats a spicy pepper and starts sweating is extremely disturbing as it looks like his skin is melting off.
- The show has a horrible Laugh Track which is overused, just like most of Nickelodeon's live action comedies nowadays.
- Stuart and Jackson are seen playing on a PlayStation 2 in the episode "The Fearsome Foursome," which is product placement.
- Awful plots for the episodes. Some usually have sub plots that are loosely related to the episodes main plots.
- A lot of bad writing; there are some weird quotes such as the infamous quote: "Those two lumps are brothers."
- It was never revealed what the family's last name is for the entire show.
- Stuart's mother and Clark's wife, who is named Liz in the show, is apparently overseas which is why she is only seen in a few episodes of the show, however the episode "Operation Mom" claimed that she was in the Doggsies suit. The promo for the episode even claimed that it would reveal who was inside in the Doggsies suit.
- Lewis feels like a stereotypical overprotective father.
- It has awful references to celebrities.
- The final episode has nothing to do with being a final episode, it is just a lame filler episode.
- It gets boring and drags on a lot.
- The Halloween special aired nowhere near Halloween.
- The show did not announce it was cancelled. One of the actors actually had to make a post to announce that the show was cancelled, as the creators did not announce the show's cancellation.
- Overall, it's really forgettable.
- Clark can be a funny character.
- Some jokes can be funny.
- It can be clever at times.
- Some nonsensical moments can be funny.
Cousins For Life is considered to be one of the most forgettable Nickelodeon Live Action Programs.
- The show ended in less then a year after the pilot episode.