Carrapatos e Catapultas
Carrapatos e Catapultas (lit. Duck-ticks and Catapults) is a Brazilian animated series created by Almir Correia. The program is a coproduction between animation studio Zoom Elefante and private/public network stations TV Brasil and TV Cultura.
Boom (Bum), Bod, Balloon (Bolão) and Buggy (Baixinho) are ticks who live in a planet distant from the Earth called "Cow Planet". On this planet, ticks are already born with parachutes, move around with catapults, love to suck slop and think that when they put on weight they will explode to live in the world of ghost ticks, considered a paradise for them.
Why It Sucks
- The creator said to be inspired by Rocko's Modern Life and SpongeBob SquarePants when he created this, except this has none of the charm the former two had.
- The whole concept sounds like an immense fetish of fatness, weight gain, inflation and even popping that you would easily see on art sites like Deviantart.
- The show also sends a sadistic message teaching how to celebrate the death of the other person and that putting on weight and dying is a good thing.
- Although the show was made for kids, it feels more like it should be a show for adults due to the excessive use of dirty, sadistic and immoral jokes for children.
- Terrible running gags, such as a random tick citizen exploding and other ticks appear out of nowhere to celebrate it, Tick Severino always making a song (which became more frequent from seasons 2-3), and common human objects teleporting only to get destroyed by the ticks.
- The animation is slow, with not much expressions on the characters' faces.
- The design of the ticks are ridiculous, they don't even look like ticks. They look more like colorful four-limbed blobs (instead of 6 or 8 like real ticks) and have duck beaks.
- The pacing is tiresome to follow in some episodes.
- The theme song from the first season is very incomprehensible.
- The voices are annoying, mostly those of Bod and Buggy.
- Balloon is just a huge stereotype of a fat stupid character who only thinks about eating all the time, eats more than others and only does stupid things. And he is characterized by nothing more than just that.
- Buggy can be pretty annoying sometimes with his obsession of using catapults and wanting everything, though he eventually grew out of the former.
- Most of the stories are bland and have very simple premises, such as in one episode, Balloon and Bod go to a fattening clinic, which is literally the title of that episode.
- The episode "Picnic at the Terror Forest" features a scene with toilet humor, when Bum, Bod, Balloon and Buggy are in a caldron, the latter pees in it, and the third rips out a big fart. Gross.
- Boom (especially), Bod, and Balloon are treated like punch bags from most of the time.
- The theme song from seasons 2-3 is better and actually catchy.
- A few of the characters could be likeable.
- The concept of the series could interesting (if removing the fat fetish aspect and the deaths), kinda feeling like something from Nickelodeon.