Butt-Ugly Martians is an British-American CGI animated series which aired on CITV in the UK and on Nickelodeon in the US in 2001.
Why It Sucks
- Awful and horrendous CGI animation, even for 2001 standards.
- Nightmarish character designs (keep in mind, the CGI for this show was considered cheap and ugly back in 2001). Also, the title says it all for the animation.
- The acronym used in the show is B.K.M., which stands for Butt Kicking Mode, but an uninformed viewer wouldn't get that. Why use an acronym that has one different letter from the group's name? It's likely that they made it B.K.M. because the acronym for Butt-Ugly Martians would've been B.U.M., a synonym for buttocks, which is rather inappropriate for a kids show.
- Broken pacing.
- Terrible voice acting, even from actors such as Rob Paulsen and Jess Harnell.
- This show was only made to sell toys.
- The characters have as much depth as a puddle of split milk.
- Story arches are made on the fly, creating plot-holes that could only be explained if everything ran simultaneously on different universes.
- Ironically, the Martians are the most good looking creatures in the series.
- Despite the theme song having bad lyrics, it’s somewhat catchy.
- The transformation scenes are nice to look at.
Saberspark placed this on #2 on The Top 10 Worst Nickelodeon Shows despite not being a Nickelodeon original, and it’s theme song was placed on #4 on The Top 10 Worst Cartoon Intros.