Warning! This article is NSFW!
This article may contain content unsuitable for readers under eighteen years or older.
"Busted" is the 6th episode of the third season of the Canadian-American animated television series, Braceface. It is the 59th episode overall.
After Sharon is mistaken for being "13 and under" once too often, she determines that it's because some other girls her age are better developed. So Sharon buys a pump up bra to give Mother Nature a hand. After an initial thrill at all the extra attention her new fuller figure is receiving, she discovers that her more mature look comes with its own unique set of problems.
Why It's Busted
- This episode focuses solely on breasts, in a KIDS' SHOW. The premise makes it feel like a disturbing inflation fetish fanfiction than an actual episode.
- The episode’s title is already a red flag.
- In real life, pump-up bras are not in clothing stores and therefore do not exist. Also, why would a pump-up bra even exist?
- The infamous scene at the climax of the episode: When someone steps on the remote controller in the middle of the party, and Sharon's "breasts" (which are actually part of the pump-up bra) inflate to extremes until one side explodes off-screen.
- Nina laughing at Sharon's malfunctioning bra is just mean and inappropriate; who would laugh at a person with growing breasts when it’s a serious situation?
- The boys going near Sharon when they look at her "chest" is just creepy and disturbing and they don’t give her personal space.
- The ending was heartwarming.
- Despite it not aging well, this episode is not afraid to pull out serious situations about breast sizes.
- This episode was banned from airing in the United States due to sexual references.
- The title of the episode is a pun on "busted" and "bust" in reference to a woman's breasts.