Bucket & Skinner's Epic Adventures
Bucket & Skinner's Epic Adventures is an American teen sitcom that ran on Nickelodeon from July 1, 2011 to May 1, 2013.
Bucket and Skinner are as different as night and day, but the beach buds have been best friends since they've been in diapers. The teenage surfer dudes, who are on a never-ending quest for awesomeness, have three goals in common: stay friends forever, always be near a beach, and when not near a beach, find a way to get to one. Bucket has a crush on high-school classmate Kelly, the school's brains and beauty. Popular jock Aloe is Bucket and Skinner's hot-headed archrival, who sets out to embarrass the duo whenever possible (and preferably in front of the whole school). Also in the mix is Kelly's smarty-pants younger sister, Piper, who uses her smarts to come up with sneaky tricks to get her way.
Why It's Not Even Close to Epic
- Very bad acting performances.
- The show makes frequent use of Californian stereotypes.
- Pathetic plots, such as Bucket and Skinner sneaking into a party dressed up as Lady Gaga and Beyoncé.
- The laugh track is very loud and goes off at every unfunny joke.
- The titular duo are very annoying and unlikable, and are just pathetic attempts at recreating the magic of Drake & Josh.
- The two main characters' designs are ripoffs of Harry and Lloyd from Dumb and Dumber, and are basically teen versions of Bud and Doyle from Bio-Dome.
- Bland side characters, such as Aloe (the popular jock-bully) and Kelly (the token love interest).
- The episode titles are uncreative, as they all are "Epic (Insert Noun Here)".
- It received an enormous amount of hype, yet ended up being disappointing.
- It marked the downfall of Nickelodeon sitcoms.
- The promotional posters are very nice to look at.
- The theme song is catchy.
Bucket & Skinner's Epic Adventures received extremely negative reviews. It currently sits at 3.6/10 on IMDb and is considered the show that marked the downfall of Nickelodeon sitcoms and is considered to be one of the worst Nickelodeon shows ever.