Blog:Let's Go Luna!
NOTE: These are only my opinions on the show. For the opinions based on a fan's perspective, see the Best TV Shows Wiki page.
Let's Go Luna! is a Canadian-American educational flash-animated children's television series that was created by animator Joe Murray (who previously created Rocko's Modern Life and Camp Lazlo) and was produced by Peter Hannan (who was the creator of Nickelodeon's CatDog).
The series follows Leo, a wombat from Australia, Andy, a frog from the United States and Carmen, a butterfly from Mexico who travel around the world with their parents' traveling performance troupe, Circo Fabuloso. Along their stops, Luna the Moon occasionally comes down to Earth to teach them about local languages, music, food, and other customs.
Why It Sucks
- The premise of anthropomorphic animals traveling around the world was done before with the 1998 cartoon The Country Mouse and the City Mouse Adventures. A moon traveling with animals is kind of an original idea, though.
- The show has little charm from Joe Murray's other shows. This is justified, since this is an educational show.
- Atrocious flash animation.
- Abhorrent voice acting on Leo's part. He doesn't even sound Australian and it's like they couldn't get an actual Australian kid to voice him!
- Very unlikeable characters, including the main trio and even Luna herself.
- Ear-grating and pointless musical numbers.
- In the episode A Chopsticky Situation, Leo literally cries because he has trouble holding his chopsticks the right way.
- The song that the kids sing to Luna in each episode can get repetitive very quickly.
- One of the theme song's lyrics states that "everyone is different but they are just like you", which is flat-out stupid.
The ONLY Redeeming Qualities
- The rest of the voice acting is great.
- Some fans of Joe Murray can enjoy this.