Blog:Grumpy Pororo (Pororo the Little Penguin)
Grumpy Pororo is the fifteenth episode of the sixth season of Pororo the Little Penguin.
Pororo dreams about going number 1, and lo and behold, he wakes up to find that he has actually wet his bed. Pororo begs Crong not to tell the others about his accident, but Crong breaks his promise and spills the beans. Some of his friends have fun teasing Pororo about it and he gets more and more upset. Even words of concern start to sound like taunts.
Why It Sucks
- The plot is quite inconsistent, as it first starts with Pororo getting made fun of just for wetting the bed but then throws itself out the window with Pororo pulling pranks to his friends to the point the former doesn't get mentioned again after that and the latter doesn't really have anything to do with the plot.
- This episode is very mean-spirited, as Pororo accidently wets his bed and tells Crong not to tell anyone about it, yet Crong breaks his promise and starts telling his friends about the incident to the point where Pororo's friends (excluding Poby) starts making fun of him, causing Pororo to break into his friends' homes to pull mean pranks behind their backs.
- On that topic, Crong is so unlikable in this episode, as he started the whole brouhaha by breaking his promise to Pororo.
- Pororo, while likable in some aspects, took the problem a bit too far and made it somehow worse. While his friends did apologize to Pororo later in this episode, he rejects their apologies and begins breaking into their homes to ruin their stuff in order to teach them a lesson. Doing something like that isn't going to solve anything, you know!
- Although, this can be justified since most of his friends did tease him simply for wetting the bed by mistake (especially when he specially told Crong not to tell) which made him very upset, so it isn't entirely Pororo's fault.
- When Poby tells Pororo not to drink too much juice or he might wet his bed again, his friends continue laughing at Pororo. Seriously? That was a fact because drinking too much liquid drinks can really make you pee... That was nothing to joke about!
- Awful ending: When Pororo receives his gifts, which were the stuff he ruined, he starts breaking down crying and then the narrator said, "That's what you get for pulling mean pranks to your friends, Pororo. Lesson learned!" Yes, Pororo did break into his friends' homes which made the problem worse and does need to learn his lesson about that. However, Pororo's friends were unaware that he was actually trying to ruin the gifts that they were going to give him and the narrator almost made it sound like his friends who bring Pororo broken gifts on purpose.
- In addition, it's mainly Crong's fault for starting the whole mess in the first place, anyways.
- This episode mostly feels like a rehash to "I Am Not a Bedwetter!" from Season 2, but at least that episode's plot was consistent and was executed better.
- The animation is still nice and clean, as usual.
- Poby is likable in this episode, as he was the only one not to make fun of Pororo.
- At least his friends apologized to Pororo for teasing him, and tried to make it up to him by sending him gifts which is kinda sweet.