Chicken Bawk (Fake Netflix Show)
About the Author
Note: This show is obviously fake so nothing here is real.
Chicken Bawk is an American Animated comedy series created by Patrick Da Gangsta for Netflix. The first season streamed on July 23, 2022 and was met with heavily negative reception. Despite the negative reception, the show has already been renewed for a second season coming in 2023.
A chicken, who looks a bit human like, enjoys life at his abandoned house and in his chicken coop. But his life changes when a pair of siblings with their friends move in to the house.
Why It Sucks Cock (And Not the Good Kind)
- The main problem with this show is that it excessively uses vulgar, gross out and shock humour.
- There are many unlikeable characters in this show:
- Cock the Chicken (no joke "the Chicken" is his last name) is a very unlikeable protagonist whose design looks like a human dressed up in a chicken costume. He acts like an arrogant jerk who does whatever he wants and gets away with it and never feels remorse. For example, in The Affair, where he was at his absolute worst, he lied to Lisa about her boyfriend cheating on him so that he could get with her.
- John Aftermorth, Lisa's brother, is also unlikeable as he is fairly rude to Lisa and Jack, her boyfriend, however, unlike Cock, he actually does feel remorseful.
- Tina Keely, one of Lisas friends, is nothing more than an alcoholic stereotype.
- The Fox is a generic antagonist with stupid intentions which are that he wants to eat the chickens.
- The intro is just music playing with chickens bawking along with the music which gets annoying fast.
- There are many bad episodes here. Examples are but not limited to:
- The Pilot (which started the show on a sour note)
- The Empowerment
- The Affair (the worst episode)
- The Couchella Festival
- There is excessive use of swearing in the show which falls flat fast.
- An example of this is in the episode "The Gym Training" when Cock rudely said "Shut the fuck up and walk on the fucking treadmill or I'll cut your fucking throat."
- There are a lot of mean spirited moments in the show. For example, in "The Visitor", everyone, excluding Lisa, rudely refused to let a man stay with them because they had autism.
- It Rips off/steals elements from the following shows, Family Guy (in terms of talking animals and shock humour and animation), BoJack Horseman (in terms of a humanoid animal in Netflix), Friends (in terms of a group of friends living together) and Patrick P's Animated Comedy Show [also fake] (in terms of shock humour, excessive gore, animation, uncensored nudity and some of that shows episode plots). The latter being odd because both Patrick P's Animated Comedy Show and Chicken Bawk are created by Patrick Da Gangsta.
- The show consistantly uses licensed characters from other shows in some of their episodes.
- Bojack from Bojack Horseman in the second episode of the series, "The Empowerment."
- Zoey from Total Drama in the episode "The Stupid Cockhead"
- The extremely stupid cameo of Roger Smith from American Dad in the episode, "The Motherfuckin Alien Invasion."
- In "The Pilot", they used Griffin from Hotel Transylvania and killed him off after 90 seconds.
- Quantity over Quality: Despite the negative reception, Netflix has renewed the series for a second season.
- There some likeable characters like Lisa Aftermorth and Jack Mackle.
- There are some good episodes such as:
- The Happy Mels
- The Bristol Stomp
- There are a few funny moments like when Cock smashes a hammer into another chickens face, despite being gory.
Chicken Bawk was universally panned by critics and audiences alike and is considered to be the worst Netflix original of all time. It currently sits at a shocking 1.1 on IMDb, making it the lowest rated Netflix show on the site. It currently holds a 0% on Rotten Tomatoes, which is extremely shocking for a TV series, especially one created by Netflix.