Billy Dilley's Super-Duper Subterranean Summer
Billy Dilley's Super-Duper Subterranean Summer is a short-lived American animated television series created and executive-produced by Aaron Springer, an animation veteran whose extensive credits include working on Dexter's Laboratory, SpongeBob SquarePants, Samurai Jack, The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, Gravity Falls, Wander Over Yonder, and the current run of Mickey Mouse shorts. Springer was also behind the Cartoon Network pilots Periwinkle Around the World and Baloobaloob's Fun Park, and the Adult Swim pilot Korgoth of Barbaria. The series only lasted for one season and aired on Disney XD from June 3 to June 15, 2017.
The show follows the adventures of Billy Dilley, a 7th grader who loves science, and his lab partners, Zeke and Marsha, and his pet rat, Anaximander, who on summer vacation find themselves trapped in Subterranea-Tania, a strange world located in the Earth's core after a test ride in Billy's science fair project The Cheeserator, a giant drilling machine designed for cutting holes in enormous Swiss cheese, goes horribly wrong.
Why It Sucks
- Ugly and mediocre character designs.
- Overuse of toilet humor.
- Lots of unfunny jokes.
- Terrible ending: In the final episode, the characters doesn't return to Earth as Billy's pet rat steals The Cheeserator to buy tacos.
- Speaking of voice acting, It's ABYSMAL, Even from good actors such as James Arnold Taylor (the guy who did Johnny Test) and Tom Kenny (AKA Spongebob and Ice King) as Zeke McBongo, which is unacceptable since in some bad shows, he saves the shows with his hilarious voice acting, except Judy (depending on your hearing).
- Subterranea-Tania is is an very generic name for a subterranean world.
- Some episodes can get either weird, disgusting, or disturbing.
- In the first episode, Billy Dilley called his lab partners “lab friends”, when they are just partners. Not friends.
- Billy Himself is an extremely annoying protagonist, and he never shuts up!
- The series copies some aspects from Phineas and Ferb (another Disney XD show), as both shows follow the adventures of a boy, who loves science, and his friends, and their pet as they go on strange and wacky adventures on summer vacation, though while Billey Dilley fails at it, Phineas and Ferb does it in a great manner and even tends to be very enjoyable most of the time.
- Surprisingly good and passable animation.
- Despite the theme song repeating the main character’s name 8 times, the music of it is nice to listen to.
- Good and sweet moments at times.
- The final episode, "The Battle for Subterranea-Tania" was okay.
- Zeke McBongo, Judy, And Marsha Dwanelle (At Times) Are okay characters.
- This is one of Chris Reccardi's last works before his death.
- Crew members who previously worked on Spongebob Squarepants such as Casey Alexander, Zeus Cervas, and even veteran writers Derek Drymon and Merriwether Williams worked on this show.