Big Brother Caillou (Caillou)
Big Brother Caillou is the twelfth episode from the first season of Caillou.
Caillou is jealous of his newborn sister Rosie.
Why It Sucks
- Caillou is even more annoying in this episode, constantly whining about his newborn sister.
- The infamous and shockingly disturbing scene where Caillou pinches Rosie's face.
- In fact, this episode was banned from airing in the United States because of this scene.
- The book version of this episode it was originally based on is MUCH WORSE, as in the original book Caillou actually bites Rosie.
- Not only that, but Rosie's scream during the scene is disturbingly realistic.
- Caillou, like usual, isn't punished for his actions... not even for what he does to Rosie. Instead, his parents indulge his bratty behavior.
- This episode is a Rosie torture episode because Caillou is being mean and jealous to her, not to mention the pinch scene.
- Caillou's parents did even say that they'll still love him no matter what.
- Speaking of which, the moral is not only atrocious but is horribly messed up, and could possibly teach kids to "be jealous and hurt your newborn sibling."
- The pinch scene, while still gruesome, is at least an improvement over what Caillou does in the book, in which he bites Rosie's ear.
- At least Caillou isn't this mean or cruel after this episode, even though he was still a brat.
Big Brother Caillou was met with very negative reception from critics and audiences, mainly due to Caillou's constant whining and the scene where Caillou violent pinches her sister. The episode currently has a 1.3/10 on IMDb.com, making it the lowest-rated episode in the entire series. The episode was later banned from PBS Kids (formerly PTV) and Sprout (now Universal Kids).