Best Frenemies (Turbo F.A.S.T)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Best Frenemies is the 91st segment and the first half of the 8th episode of Season 3 of Turbo F.A.S.T.
- Some incredibly unlikable characters that seemed to have flanderized in the third season and lost all of their brain cells;
- Skidmark's flanderization is at it again, as he dislikes and tricks Turbo into being trapped in a portable toilet just for being friends with White Shadow after being busy with the tooth soda despite Skidmark being friends with Turbo in the previous episodes (most notably in Ready, Set, Glow, Crow Pox, Gills, and Mall is Well (which ironically both this episode and Mall is Well were written by Sam Cherington), since he usually cares more about conspiracy theories and science, like always in Season 3.
- Mel Shellman is an outrageous bully who is overprotective over Charlie just because he's friends with Skidmark for a day despite the fact that Mel is not Charlie's father.
- The other Fast crew members (aside from Turbo and White Shadow) and Dunce have no purpose in this episode other than filler.
- This episode is basically a rehash of Chet gets Burned, which is no better than this episode as it has boring and mean-spirited filler as well as the Skidmark and White Shadow relationship shoehorned into it.
- The horrifying scene where Turbo evilly laughs at Skidmark while much of the screen turned red, which is what Get the Hock Out did with Big Tex a year later.
- Several plot holes, such as the rest of the fast crew (aside from White Shadow) or Tito haven't notice that Turbo was trapped in a portable toilet by Skidmark, not even Whiplash and Chet despite them noticing the blizzard that Skidmark and White Shadow caused in Groundhog, Stay! (though off-screen).
- How did the entire town even know that Turbo and White Shadow being friends.
- The Spa-Yetti was only there just to make a French stereotype similar to its sister episode where the Jamaican Jerk Chickens are apparently Jamaican stereotypes.
- Overuse of random scenes that are just there for filler such as Skidmark demanding Whiplash to do the same thing he and White Shadow would have.
- Skidmark never gets any comeuppance from the other crew members at all and gets off scot-free for tricking Turbo as well as Skidmark's radical behavior which, just like 137 Hours, shows their careless side for the other members, unlike the first two seasons.
- Ice cream Hoagies is a rather disgusting idea for a dessert since it's literally a hot dog burger with ice cream on it.
- The animation and voice acting is still fast-paced and great as usual.
- Chet, Burn, Whiplash, Smoove Moove, Dunce (despite only appearing for filler), Turbo, White Shadow, Charlie, Gigundous, and Jenni are likable characters.
- Despite Turbo still being trapped in a portable toilet, Skidmark and White Shadow became friends once again in the ending.
- Some funny scenes such as the scene with Skidmark and Charlie.