Jump to navigation Jump to search
Battletoads is a half-hour special made by DIC Animation City, based on the 1991 video game of the same name, which aired on Thanksgiving 1992. Just like Bubsy, it was never picked up for its own show due to negative reviews.
Why It Can't Get Past The Turbo Tunnel
- Extremely low production values.
- The theme song is a surf song, which hasn't aged well.
- Weak grasp of the source material, from Zitz, Rash, and Pimple being tragic and misfortunate human teenagers, to them hailing from a high school in the state of California.
- Poor sound editing, particularly in the introduction scene, in which Professor T. Bird's dialogue is barely audible over the sounds of firing lasers.
- Some of the special's combat scenes drag on for way too long.
- As this was produced during DIC's heyday in the early 90's, the animation is very bland and at times poor, including the fact that some scenes take place in entirely blank or poorly-detailed backgrounds.
- Most of the characters are either annoying or are just plain jerks.
- Awful and cringe worthy comedy.
- Lazy character designs.
- While the character designs are terrible at least Rash, Pimple, and Zitz look decent.
- It explains how T-Bird met the Battletoads.
- The backstory of how Professor T-Bird met the Battletoads was acknowledged in the comic book tie-in, The Lost Adventure, for the 2020 reboot.