Banana Planet (Aqua Teen Hunger Force)
Banana Planet is the fourth episode of the 10th season of Aqua Teen Hunger Force.
Frylock and Meatwad discover a planet shaped like a banana. When the Aqua Teens realize the inhabitants are calling out for help by spelling out "SOS: in morse code, they blast off via rocket to help them, only for them to discover the planet is wholly inhabited by purple monkeys.
Why It Gets Eaten by Monkeys
- The episode (particularly the large middle chunk that takes place on Banana Planet) is primarily unfunny and boring, mainly relying on monkey and fecal humor that gets old really fast.
- Once the episode takes place on Banana Planet, the pacing gets really uneventful and the lack of jokes (beyond monkey and turd references) is noticeable.
- The monkeys make for some of the lamest villains in the entire series, whose shtick relies purely on laying turds and exhibiting repetitive, stereotypical monkey behavior.
- Their only other attempt at "humor" is when they plan on "circumcising" the Aqua Teens, by ripping off Master Shake's thumb. At least they tried doing something a little different...
- The Aqua Teens are still likeable and funny characters, and keep the episode at least tolerable.
- The scene where the Aqua Teens' rocket blasts off from underneath Carl's pool, as well as Carl running around in a panic while set ablaze are absolutely hilarious.