Bad Spin-offs of Good Shows
While Hanna-Barbera, Filmation and Ruby-Spears were popular with their hits such as Scooby-Doo, The Flintstones, Alvin and the Chipmunks and Yogi Bear, sometimes they created cartoons with poor source material, cheap, limited animation produced on a low budget, and adding other stuff to the shows like space and other junk.
- Josie and The Pussycats in Outer Space (Josie and The Pussycats; 1972)
- Goober and the Ghost Chasers (The Partridge Family; 1973-75)
- Jeannie (I Dream of Jeannie; 1973-75)
- The Adams Family (1973)
- The Partridge Family 2200 A.D. (The Partridge Family; 1974-75)
- The Tom and Jerry Show (Tom & Jerry; 1975)
- Captain Caveman and the Teen Angels (Charlie's Angels; 1977-80)
- Yogi's Space Race (Yogi Bear; 1978-79)
- Fred and Barney Meet The Thing (The Flintstones and The Fantastic Four; 1979)
- Casper and the Angels (Casper and Charlie's Angels; 1979)
- The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang (Happy Days; 1980-81)
- Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Laverne & Shirley; 1981-82)
- Mork & Mindy/Laverne & Shirley/Fonz Hour (Mork & Mindy, Laverne & Shirley and Happy Days; 1982-83)
- The Little Rascals (Our Gang; 1982)
- The Dukes (The Dukes of Hazzard; 1983)
- Pink Panther & Sons (The Pink Panther; 1984-85)
- Punky Brewster (1985-1986)
- Flintstone Kids (The Flintstones; 1986-88)
- Captain Caveman and Son (Captain Caveman; 1986-88)
- Popeye and Son (Popeye; 1987)
- Fraggle Rock: The Animated Series (1987)
- ALF: The Animated Series (1987)
- Yo Yogi! (Yogi Bear; 1991-92)
- Most of these shows were made just to cash in the success of another show. While nobody asked for these shows, they were just made no matter what.
- They recycle it with space and other junk, which has little-to-nothing to do with the original show to the point of being the poster children for Recycled In Space. The Partridge Family 2200 A.D., The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang and Laverne & Shirley in the Army being prime examples.
- There are also useless characters, the main example being the sons of the main characters.
- Some shows have a poor grasp on the source material.
- The animation in some shows is very limited, cheap and was produced on a very low budget.
- They're heavily outdated nowadays.
- Starting in the late '80s/early '90s, they started making younger versions of their beloved characters, which were all awful except for BTSW and Tom & Jerry Kids.
- Yo Yogi! tried modernizing the characters to be "hip" and "cool", since it was made in the '90s.
- It almost helped end some franchises.
- After The Flintstones: On The Rocks, The Flintstones did not make another appearance for 14 years until 2015's Stone Age SmackDown crossover with WWE.
- After Yo Yogi!, Yogi Bear did not make another series for 29 years until 2020's Jellystone!.
- Some of the shows are "so bad, they're good", such as The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang and Fred And Barney Meet The Thing.
- At least it did not make the Scooby-Doo franchise go on hiatus, since Arabian Nights was made in 1994 and Zombie Island was made in 1998.