Awesomeness TV (2013 TV Series)
Awesomeness TV is a television studio focused on the creation of web series designated for teens for generation Z. Even though the studio released most content on its own YouTube channel, it managed to be picked up as a comedy sketch television series onto Nickelodeon on July 1, 2013. It was renewed for a second season on May 1, 2014. While most of the studio's web series received mixed reception, the television series received critical backlash from critics and viewers alike.
Why It Sucks
- Much like Fred: The Show and The High Fructose Adventures of Annoying Orange, the idea of transforming a YouTube channel into its own television series sounds good only on paper, as it is poorly executed and heavily crippled from the original channel.
- Large overuse of product placement and forced pop culture references.
- For a comedy sketch show, it is hardly funny and ends up being obnoxious and annoying most of the time. At times, it attempts too hard to parody certain things, but they are done so poorly that even the worst skits from MAD would get a run for its money.
- As with most Nickcoms, it tends to try way too hard to appeal to the children audience, and does so incorrectly.
- Below average acting; some actors overreact too much.
- In between scenes, the audience screams as if they were being set on fire.
- Awfully weak writing.
- Relies too much on guest stars, especially in the second season.
- Some skits are too dark or questionable to be included in a children's show, such as a Snapchat parody where you can literally execute people you ignore.
- Poor editing.
This show received enormously negative reviews, with a rating of 2.4/10 on IMDb, making it one of the lowest rated Nickelodeon shows.