April in Quahog (Family Guy)
April in Quahog is the sixteenth episode of the eighth season of Family Guy.
When the local news announces that the Earth will be destroyed by a black hole in 24 hours, everyone in Quahog goes nuts trying to live out their last day.
Why It’s Worse than an April Fool’s Joke
- This episode is just a reminder of how much a flat character Peter has become, as he does cruel and diabolical things throughout the episode, he gets away with it and receives no consequences for it, he doesn't comfort his family who is scared that the world is going to end, and he reveals he hates being around his kids.
- The end of the world was just an April Fool's joke, and there was a horrible aftermath of the joke. sound familiar?
- For the civilians buying the joke, they do cruel things instead of getting the most out of their last hours alive like a normal person would.
- Bad and mediocre attempts at jokes like:
- Quagmire wanting to sleep with Joe's wife.
- Peter considers doing crystal meth with his 14-year-old son, Chris.
- An incredibly horrifying scene where Peter pulls out his own eye while high on crystal meth. It comes back when Brian does it.
- Speaking of which, Quagmire is very unlikeable in this episode because he tricks Joe into letting him have sex with Bonnie by lying to him about being a virgin.
- Joe easily believes this lie and when he finds out the truth, he treats this deception and the fact that his wife slept with Quagmire like it was no big deal. Quagmire is never punished for this deception.
- Channel 5 receives no lawsuit for causing the entire town of Quahog and the rest of the world to go into full-blown panic. They pulled a prank like that and get off scot-free.
- Horrible ending: The ending's a pretty heartwarming moment at first, (ironically that heartwarming and Peter do not blend) but then it's immediately tarnished when Peter buys his children's forgiveness with product placement for the Xbox 360 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Peter doesn't deserve any forgiveness for his multiple crimes!
- Some continuity from previous episodes such as the famous quote where Joe says "Who else but Quagmire?" and the "Surfin' Bird" callback, which is one of the few funny jokes in this episode.
- The joke with Peter going to a black neighborhood and saying a racial slur.
- The DVD version changes it to him going to the inner city.
- The segment with Peter doing jury duty is somewhat interesting.
- The crystal meth joke makes for some unintentional comedy, such as the part where Peter screams "I AM SO F***ING READY"
- One of the funniest moments here is when Peter says "I'm gonna take a hike" and runs into the window falling down.
The episode recieved a 7.2/10 on IMDb.