American Horror Stories
American Horror Stories is an American anthology horror television series created by Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk for FX On Hulu. The series was released on July 15, 2021 to a mixed to negative reception. In August 2021, FX renewed the series for a second season. The second season premiered on July 21, 2022. The series is a spin-off of American Horror Story
A weekly anthology series where each episode is a different horror story.
Why It Sucks
- The series just feels like a way to cash in on the series' popularly during the coronavirus pandemic.
- The idea of the show is kind of stupid. It's basically just a bunch of throwaways that weren't good enough for a whole season, making the whole show feel like a waste.
- Mediocre writing, especially for American Horror Story.
- A lot of the characters are either dumb or really unlikable.
- Most of the ideas either feel stupid, bland or just plain uncreative.
- Leather(wo)Man is about a family moving into the Murder House (again), showing that they are clearly running out of ideas.
- The Naughty List is about a bunch of DoucheTubers being murdered by Santa Claus... what?
- BA'AL is about a stereotypical demon.
- Feral is about Cannibals that live in the forest
- Most of the episodes are boring.
- The episode "Game Over" is easily the worst episode of the entire series, the episode is about a mom making a video game about American Horror Story to get closer to her son who is a fan of the show.
- Why would you make a video game just to get close to your child? It would cost less time, energy and money to just go on vacation.
- The second act of the episode is about the Murder House, proving once again that they are running out of ideas.
- The ending makes no sense. The ending is the Murder House burns and the ghosts in it get set free and then it turns out it was all a video game but that raises a lot of questions; Did what happened in the game happen in real life? If it did, then how did the mom finish the game if she died? What parts of the episodes were real and which parts were part of the game?
- Also the ghosts being set free from the Murder House getting destroyed makes no sense since in Season 1 of the main series it's talked about as if destroying the house is a bad thing but here all the ghosts want it
- The episode currently has a 4.5/10 on IMDb, to put that into perspective: the worst episode of the main series (Winter Kills) has a 4.6/10
- The title sequences are really well made. They even bought back the original theme song.
- The episode "Drive In" was pretty good.
- It has its good moments sometimes.
The first season of American Horror Stories has received mixed reviews from critics. The review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes gave the season a 54% based on 8 critic reviews, with an average rating of 6.1/10. The website's critics consensus reads, "American Horror Stories has its moments, but a lack of consistent narrative quality among installments and not enough scares make for an unsatisfying whole". On Metacritic, the season scored 54 out of 100, based on 5 reviews, indicating “mixed or average reviews”.