Adventures of Pow Wow
Adventures of Pow Wow is an animated cartoon that was broadcast locally in New York City and later on the Captain Kangaroo show during the 1950s. It first aired on NBC's WNBT-TV (now WNBC). The series is in the public domain due to failure to renew copyright.
Based on Indian folklore, the fables included "How the Fox Got His White-Tipped Tale", "Pow Wow and the Stork", "How the Rabbit Got His Hop", "Pow Wow and Playing Possum", and "How the Turtle Got His Shell".
- The designs were good.
- This was one of the first cartoons to be made for television, along with The Adventures of Paddy the Pelican.
- Speaking of which, it has better animation than Paddy the Pelican. There isn't any repetitive animation and unfinished work.
- Despite the show's bad qualities, some episodes were good.
- The theme song is catchy.
- Although there is no color in some episodes, the backgrounds are still good.
The show appeared on a DVD of "Jerry Beck's worst cartoons ever made" compilation.