A Espinha (As Aventuras de Gui & Estopa)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
A Espinha (lit. The Pimple) is the fourth episode of the third season of As Aventuras de Gui & Estopa, originally premiered in 2012. The episode focuses on Gui after a pimple appears on his nose.
Why It Sucks
- The plot is just nonsensical, there's no way a dog like Gui can get a pimple.
- The episode is supposed to teach children to deal with bullying in case a pimple appears on the face, but the idea was very poorly executed.
- Gui's pimple is very nasty too look at, and it looks like he is having a mosquito bite or a cancerous tumor in his nose.
- Estopa acts as a jerk to Gui at the beginning of the episode.
- The scene where Gui defends himself against Piti (after Piti teases him because of his pimple) insulting the color of Piti's cap for being pink sounded stereotypical and sexist.
- The idea about Gui beating Piti in the race because of his pimple was too ridiculous and unfunny.
- The episode also has a bad moral showing pimples as something positive and attractive with the girls becoming interested in Gui because they thought he was becoming "mature" just because he had a pimple.
- Awful ending: after Piti sees that the girls like Gui because of his pimple he decides to paint several red spots on his face to look like pimples, however Cróquete and Pitibela flee in fear thinking that he has measles with Róquete staying and having a random conversation saying she already had measles before and that was annoying, but also the pimple has not yet removed from Gui's nose.
- A animation error occurs when Piti appears looking in the mirror after painting his face, his reflection does not appear in the mirror.
The Only Redeeming Quality
- The first few minutes are pretty relaxing. But is ruined Gui's pimple.
- The episode featues cameos from characters from other cartoons, most notably Frankie Foster from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.