2020 Teleton (Brazil)
Note: This is not to be confused with the Canadian television network, "Teletoon".
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic in Brazil, the Brazilian telethon, known as the Teleton aired on November 7, 2020 suffered several changes all of them are listed below.
- It was shortened to just 10 hours (10:30 AM-8:30 PM), due to the crisis of cuts, layoffs and changes that SBT is undergoing, due to the COVID-19 pandemic in Brazil.
- There was no audience, special guests and games in the studio where the Teleton was recorded, which is understandable, since it is for people not to be contaminated by the virus.
- Nobody from RedeTV! and Band did not participate in this year's Telethon, due to obstacles between the three channels preventing the union of both.
- There was no participation of Silvio Santos, because he is in the Coronavirus risk group. He didn't even appear on a video call on the Telethon.
- There was no fundraising goal, as is mainly usual on Telethon in the previous years.
- Originally it would happen on November 6 and 7. The opening would be live from 10:30 PM to 1:30 AM, then it would continue with games in the morning and count on newsletters during the normal schedule. To avoid spacing and a drop in engagement, SBT and AACD decided to make the Teleton all in a single day.
- The infamous moment where Patrícia Abravanel interrupts her sister Rebeca Abravanel at the end of the Telethon.
- This year's Telethon focused on e-games and also gamers helping the Teleton's digital marathon for AACD and its patients.
- They managed to beat the charitable mission with R$ 26.7 million, despite the lack of a fundraising goal.
- Lívia Andrade's surprise return at SBT, after being fired from Triturando by Silvio Santos a time ago.