Z Men To The Rescue (Oggy and the Cockroaches)
Z Men to the Rescue is the sixty-third episode of Season 5 of Oggy and the Cockroaches.
These three diabolical cockroaches escape from jail. The Z-men - Olivia, Jack and Oggy - move into action. Their boss Bob sends them out to neutralize the nasties! But the roaches relish their new-found freedom. No way are they going back behind bars!
Why It Sucks
- The problem with this episode is that It uses copyrighted characters from the X-Men series. Keep in mind that this episode was grouped with 2 other superhero episodes, and Metalman used a copyrighted character from Marvel, which is Iron Man. The Fantastic Four one parodied it, making the only superhero episode without using copyright characters.
- It is one of the episodes that cash cow on pop culture, which is a common practice in Season 5.
- The trumpet fanfare at the title card is just bad. In fact, the soundtrack of the episode is mediocre.
- It is nothing but a generic "defeat the monster and save the day" episode.
- The ending is horrible as Bob (Professor X) was badly injured but yet the Oggy (Wolverine), Olivia (Jean Gray), and Jack (Cyclops) laugh about it.
- Bob (Professor X) did not actually help, he just played with the cockroaches like a little kid.
- It can be considered a forgettable X-Men parody or a rejected episode.
- The monster formed by the cockroaches doesn't look to creative. it looked like as if a little kid made it.
- That creepy stare Joey gives at the audience after escaping out of prison.
- Ironically, this episode was only made just to promote Deadpool 2,(the film that is set in the X-Men movie universe) which came out on May 18, even though Deadpool 2 is rated R, so why bother making an episode for kids just to promote an adult-oriented movie?
The Only Redeeming Quality
- Passable animation, as usual.