Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 19:36, 30 January 2018 by (Created page with "thumb'''YouTube''' is the world's most popular video sharing site. It was created in 2005 and eventually bought by Google for 1.65 billion dollars. =...")
Why It Sucks
Note: Many of the site's problems come from Google.
- It is becoming incredibly biased against right-leaning Youtubers. One video uploaded by Mr. Dapperton that was meant to debunk "white privilege" was restricted.
- Numerous features added to YouTube by Google are almost always heavily disliked such as requiring users to have a Google Plus account, the YouTube Heroes program, and YouTube Red.
- Many Hollywood studios and companies are taking down many videos despite fair use and placing claims and strikes against users.
- When the problem mentioned above happens, and you put up a counter claim, it can take up to a month for things to be taken care of.
- This thing actually once happened to Anita Sarkeesian. And while many Youtubers are struggling with the strikes and claims, Anita Sarkeesian's channel was put back up in less than 30 minutes. This shows YouTube showing heavy favoritism towards her.
- Despite breaking some community guidelines, YouTube did nothing when Logan Paul uploaded a dead body hanging in Aokigahara, likely because of his high number of subscribers.
- Youtube has even announced it will censor some videos, even if they meet with community guidelines if enough users flag it for "hate speech" or "violent extremism."
- YouTube still has a lot of great users on it such as AlphaOmegaSin, Channel Awesome, Anime America, PhantomStrider, The Mysterious Mr. Enter, and even some great animators.
- YouTube helped give birth to many great internet celebrities like James Rolfe and Doug Walker.
- Despite heavy attempts at censorship, there are still tons of videos that debunk SJWs and even Google cannot hope to remove them all.
- Many talented people can monetize their videos on YouTube and make money.