Difference between revisions of "The True Meaning of Christmas (Teen Titans Go!)"
Tags: Mobile edit Mobile web edit
|Line 43:||Line 43:|
Revision as of 23:50, 15 September 2020
The True Meaning of Christmas is the nineteenth episode of the third season of Teen Titans Go!, and the one-hundred-twenty-third overall episode of the series.
Tired of not getting Christmas presents and being on the Naughty List every year, the Titans head to the North Pole to get presents, by any means necessary.
Why It Sucks
- Much like the Dexter's Laboratory episode, "Dexter vs. Santa's Claws", this episode states that Christmas is not about being kind to others and being there for your friends and family, but it's about getting presents. However, this episode is far worse, especially since a lot of kids watch this show and the fact that the show is for kids, and rather than the idea of Christmas being only about presents just being a one-off joke at the end as in Dexter vs. Santa Claws, this same idea however is a major plot device of this episode. This could cause kids to think that Christmas is just only about presents and nothing else.
- The Titans act so immorally terrible and beyond naughty at the North Pole. Robin demolishes Santa's Workshop (and all the elves were still in there), Cyborg acts so annoying and disruptive and shifts the blame on another elf, Beast Boy makes fun of Rudolph's red nose, causing him to quit his job, and Starfire and Raven eat a living Gingerbread man and his house up and it makes the whole scene look deranged rather than humorous.
- Likewise, the entire scene where Starfire and Raven eat a living Gingerbread man and his house up is apparently supposed to be lighthearted and humorous, suggested by the cheerful Christmas-themed music playing in the back. It instead comes off as disturbing.
- Santa Claus in this episode is probably the one of the worst representations of Santa Claus. He states that the Titans are right about Christmas being nothing but about presents and actually thanks them for doing that, despite having his workshop already being demolished and his elves probably being killed in the explosion and for all the mess they caused and call Santa crazy for saying that Christmas is not about presents and that's apparently a forgivable thing to do to someone.
- Even worse, the Titans get rewarded with presents at the end, despite Robin, Starfire and Raven committing murder.
- They haven't learned anything from this episode as their next Christmas special, Teen Titans Save Christmas, is far worse.
The Only Redeeming Quality
- At least Raven revived the elves and puts back Santa's workshop.
Jem's review on "The True Meaning of Christmas".
Nostalgia Teen Critic's review on "The True Meaning of Christmas".