Difference between revisions of "The Return of Slade (Teen Titans Go!)"
|Line 47:||Line 47:|
Latest revision as of 23:54, 15 September 2020
The Return of Slade is the fiftieth episode of the second season of Teen Titans Go!, and the one-hundred-second overall episode of the series.
Beast Boy and Cyborg try to make a clown meet their standards, not realizing that they're not kids anymore.
Why It Sucks
- It's just a 11-minute-long "It’s made for kids!" excuse, as well as being similar to the SpongeBob episode, "Shuffleboarding".
- Misleading Title: Deathstroke (aka Slade) is only mentioned and it’s mask and/or face in the episode.
- Much like the episode "Let's Get Serious", this was intentionally made to lash back at the negative reviews the show had, proving that the writers can not take even the slightest form of criticism.
- There's a message about forgetting your childhood (a direct insult to the fans of the original series).
- According to the Teen Titans Go! Wiki, there were some TTG fans who actually wanted to see the Titans fight Slade. To say that they were unhappy would be a massive understatement. Even multiple toxic anonymous users were pestering about this on the comments section of the first old wiki on FANDOM (which is now the Emer Prevost Wiki) that they all hated this episode and how they all wanted to start riots at the crew of TTG for this episode.
- Besides its misleading title, its plot is stupid and childish. For example, why would Beast Boy and Cyborg, two teens, hire a clown that is meant for kids for their celebration party of Slade’s defeat?
- Nonsensical ending.
- While this episode tries to be about growing up, it feels more like you can't enjoy stuff as an adult that you enjoyed as a kid.
- Starfire’s Coulrophobia gag is a bit annoying. But somehow gets over it by punching the mutated clown unconscious and saying "I will never trust the clowns" at the end of the episode.
The Only Redeeming Qualities
- It was thankfully made up for when we finally got to see Slade in the Teen Titans Go! feature film Teen Titans Go! To the Movies.
- There are a couple funny moments here and there.
- The mutated clown somehow makes a good antagonist, his ability of turning kiddie stuff evil is also cool.
The Return of Slade was universally panned by critics and fans alike and is considered to be the absolute worst episode in the show's history. It has a 2.1 out of 10 rating on iMDB and a 1.7 out of 10 rating on TV.com, making it the lowest-rated TTG episode on both sites.