The Buzz on Maggie
The Buzz on Maggie was a Canadian/American animated show created by Dave Polsky for Disney Channel. The show centers on a tween fly named Maggie Pesky, who lives in the town of Stickyfeet and dreams of becoming a rock star. It was also one of the first ever Disney shows to be animated in Adobe Flash.
is a Butt-Monkey who never seems to get what she wants at the end and constantly gets abused. Maggie, however, is sometimes unlikable.
- She also has an older brother named Aldrin (Maggie’s brother), who is a another loathsome sibling who is a jerk towards Maggie and he usually gets away with all of the bad deeds that he committed. He’s also the overplayed Jerk Jock stereotype.
- The voice acting can be annoying at the times, Pupert’s voice is the biggest offender and it will get on your last nerves. And 's voice is ear-piercing and badly voice acted, like Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor, despite being voiced by Tara Strong.
- The episodes are nothing but (often) a waste of time to watch.
- Subpar character designs for the insects, but for some reason the designs were nominated for an Annie Award.
- Chauncey and Frieda are not really good parents. They dote on Aldrin and don't punish nor scold for what he does to Maggie.
- A majority of the jokes range from stale to just plain weak.
- Almost everyone treats Maggie poorly and usually get off scot-free at the end.
- Fails at using gross-out jokes and humor well.
- Bad ending: In the final episode "Roach Hotel", after the mountain resort is completely destroyed, the family had to go on another vacation spot. Now it’s Pupert’s turn to select a Family vacation spot, he chooses Tea-Party Land (why would a place like that exist?). Both Maggie and Aldrin look at each other frowning and Maggie waves goodbye at the viewer and... that’s it.
- Almost lack of originality.
- The show does teach good morals and life lessons.
- Maggie (at times), Reyna, and Pupert are very likable characters. Maggie herself can be relatable.
- The animation's great, since it’s one of the first Disney cartoons to be animated in flash.
- The setting for the cartoon is kinda clever for the bugs.
- Despite subpar character designs, they are decent and also admittedly cute.
- Good voice acting, despite the voice acting being annoying at times. Jessica DiCicco (who’s famously known for Flame Princess from Adventure Time and Lucy and Lynn Jr from The Loud House) herself does a great job voicing Maggie.
- Funny moments every now and then.
- The opening theme song "Just The Way I Am" is very good. It got a critical praise and was nominated for a Daytime Emmy Award.
- Despite its short-lived run, in 2019, it gained a cult following.