Spaceballs: The Animated Series
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 03:56, 16 September 2020 by Crs3011 (Poor timing: The show came out 21 years later after the original movie.)
Spaceballs: The Animated Series is an animated television series that was created by Mel Brooks and Thomas Meehan. It ran on the now defunct G4 from September 2008 to March 2009 and is based on the 1987 movie GMW
Why It Sucks
- The character designs are a mixed bag; they range from decent to atrocious, the worst offender being Dark Helmet, who is now a dwarf.
- Only the first aired episode parodies Star Wars--others parody other popular movies, thus defeating the film's purpose as a parody of sci-fi films.
- The two-part pilot episode is simply a retelling of the movie.
- The theme is too dramatic and tries too hard to describe the Spaceballs--especially when there's already a more lively song in the movie that describes the Spaceballs.
- Poor grasp on source material. For instance, Dark Helmet is too idiotic, Barf is only there for toilet humor, Major Asshole is renamed Major Bleephole, Lone Starr is useless and Planet Spaceball is now Planet Moron.
- You'd think this would be a continuation of the series, but it's not. For instance, Vespa and Lone Starr are not married and Planet Spaceball is not running out of air.
- Bland flash animation.
- The humor and jokes are poor, consisting of toilet humor and other unfunny jokes.
- CENSORED profane moments from the movie, even some of the funniest moments with profanity.
- Poor timing: The show came out 21 years later after the original movie.
The Only Redeeming Quality
- Brooks himself is acting as best as he could for his advanced age. A few other actors are also good.