O Aparelho (As Aventuras de Gui & Estopa)
O Aparelho (lit. The Braces) is the fifth episode of the third season of As Aventuras de Gui & Estopa, which originally premiered in 2011. The episode focuses on Gui starting to use braces that he believes his mother brought him to use until he found out in the end that the braces actually belonged to his neighbor.
Why It Sucks
- Gui is more stupid than usual in this episode, first for putting braces in his mouth without asking his mother why he needs them (he also puts the braces on without his mother seeing), second for being irresponsible losing the braces easily at school and third for repeating the same mistake he made taking an object that it was not his to wear (in this case grandfather glasses) although he vowed not to do it again.
- The scenes showing Gui's neighbor doing disgusting things with the braces are uncomfortable and disgusting to see. These scenes also make forced use of a screaming stock sound (very used in the episodes of the third season onwards) to try to make it funnier.
- Gui is also a huge jerk to Piti in this episode forcing him to help him get the braces back from the school cafeteria kitchen (making Piti having to get scolded by the cook and being attacked by chickens) and still scolding Piti even after he helped him get the braces back showing ingratitude to him. In general, Piti is portrayed only as a butt-monkey in this episode, because in the end, Gui returns to bother him after picking up his grandfather's glasses.
- The scene in which he appears making a huge smile with the braces (also present on the title card) is a little disturbing to look at.
- The episode also has a bad moral, portraying a bad image of kids who use braces making them look weird and disgusting.