Cuecas Conforto (As Aventuras de Gui & Estopa)
Cuecas Conforto (li. Comfort Underwears) is the 10th episode of the fifth season of As Aventuras de Gui & Estopa, originally premiered in 2020. In this episode Gui and Estopa decide to create a business selling underwears using the Spanish tennis player Rafael Chacal (a parody of Rafael Nadal) to be their poster boy.
Why It Sucks
- The title itself is incredibly disgusting and stupid, it sounds more like a underwear fetish fanfiction rather than an actual episode.
- The plot of this episode is REALLY dumb and random, Gui basically wants to cash in on the image of a famous tennis player selling underwears.
- Plotholes: how are Gui and Estopa became able to travel to Spain and set up their own business selling underwears on their own and still convince a famous player to sponsor them?
- By the way, Gui decides to sell Estopa's underwears, which also doesn't make sense for him to have so many underwears, since Estopa don't wear any clothes.
- Gui is somewhat unlikable in this episode as he is portrayed being greedy plus his plan to demand Rafael to stop pulling his briefs during the game is terrible since Rafael does it for luck to win the matches.
- Depending on your point of view, the episode shows a bad moral, as it teaches that we must be superstitious to win instead of relying on our own potential to get things done since Rafael depends on pulling his underwears to win tennis matches.
- Weird ending: after the contract with Rafael Chacal is broken, Gui has doubts about what they will do with the underwear, Estopa has an idea and then they together with Rafael are taking the underwears out of the package and throwing them up (for they are possibly giving them out to the audience of the tennis round). WHY ARE THEY DOING IT?
The Only Redeeming Quality
- Gui did get his fair comeuppance by getting hit by the tennis ball.