Butter Wall (Teen Titans Go!)
"Butter Wall" is the 42nd episode of the sixth season of Teen Titans Go!, and the 305th overall episode of the series.
When Beast Boy declares the Earth is a pancake, the Titans set sail to find out.
Why It Sucks
- The concept of Earth in the Teen Titans Go! being a pancake surrounded by a butter wall that controls the gravity and the ocean that’s being carried by a giant “space turtle” that is lured by a carrot is a nonsensical and a very dumb concept.
- The episode is also a reference to the book series, Discworld and it comes off as more insulting than a homage.
- The episode is full of plot holes such as:
- How does Beast Boy know about the Earth is a pancake?
- Why is the Earth suddenly a pancake, when before it was shown as the real-life Earth?
- Why was Mr. Breakfast at the Butter Wall? Who is he and what was his purpose?
- Mr. Breakfast is at the butter wall for some unexplained reason, it makes his appearance seem out of place and nonsensical.
- Mr. Breakfast also has a pretty bland design, he looks more like a rejected Denny’s or IHOP mascot than an actual character.
- There’s a whole gag with Cyborg trying to eat Mr. Breakfast, which he eventually does at the end and it’s disturbing to watch.
- This episode also contradicts the series as all the Earth shots in previous episodes show the Earth looking like Earth in real life.
- The elbow grease scene is very disgusting and hard to watch.
- Bad moral: Teaching kids that the Earth is really a pancake with a butter wall around and disrespecting thousands of years of fact.
The Only Redeeming Quality
- Although his design is bland, Mr. Breakfast looks like a nice food arrangement.
- This episode pays homage to the book series, Discworld.