Bill Nye Saves the World
Bill Nye Saves the World is a 2017 Netflix original edutainment talk show discussing science and pop culture. It stars Bill Nye, the man famous for hosting the classic edutainment show, Bill Nye the Science Guy.
Acclaimed TV host, educator and bow tie fan Bill Nye is back with a new show that looks at topics from a scientific point of view, refuting myths and claims that rebuke science. As Bill focuses on the truth, equipped with curiosity and chemical-resistant gloves, he tries to remind viewers that "It's not magic - it's science!" Episodes feature lively panel discussion and reports from a wide range of special correspondents, including space exploration advocate Emily Calandrelli, model and entrepreneur Karlie Kloss and comic Nazeem Hussain.
Why It Sucks
- While Bill Nye was supposed to come off as an average guy without any scientific degree, this comes off as cringeworthy and forced due to him having a bachelor's degree in engineering and very good scientific communicating skills.
- In addition Bill Nye himself has gone über-SJW with this show, promoting SJW propaganda such as the idea the sexual and gender identity being fluid (yes really) while insulting religious beliefs, people who are not of color, and actual science.
- Whether that show is outdated by today's scientific standards or not and it 'supposedly' creating the 'SJW' propaganda is pretty much a controversial topic on its own.
- Many clips from his show have hit heavy dislikes (most was the "My Sex Junk educational music video").
- Because he follows the so-called "sciences" taught by SJW ideology, many of his statements come off almost as a betrayal of how he used to be in his original show, Bill Nye the Science Guy.
- Six words : The infamous "My Sex Junk" song.
- Dodgy scientific claims that haven't been proved by actual scientists.
- The title makes no sense, how is he saving the world? By what, talking about SJW related stuff?
The Only Redeeming Quality
- The theme song is pretty catchy, and probably the only thing that feels like the old show, thanks to Tyler the Creator.
Despite receiving good reviews from critics, Bill Nye Saves the World has been heavily panned by audiences and the fans of Bill Nye the Science Guy for its SJW propaganda and has a 3.6/10 rating on IMDB based on 4,820 users.