Almost Naked Animals
Almost Naked Animals is a Canadian-made show based on a web art site made in 2005 by Noah Z. Jones, creator of both Fish Hooks and Pickle and Peanut. It started on January 7, 2011 and ended on May 22, 2013. It aired on Cartoon Network in the US and Disney XD internationally, as well on Nickelodeon in the Netherlands.
Why It Sucks
- The title alone is unappealing. As it states, all of the characters are animals who are shaved and only wear underwear.
- Plus, even the animals who don’t have any fur or feathers are shaved (Octo and Narwhal for example). So wouldn’t their skin be peeled from the shaving instead?
- Almost all of the characters have nipples (male characters only) and belly buttons, which are gross to look at considering most of the animals they’re based on don’t have nipples or belly buttons to begin with.
- Excessive toilet and gross-out humor.
- Ugly and uncanny character designs that are hard to look at and can even give the character designs from The Brothers Grunt a run for their money.
- A really annoying theme song. It’s so annoying that it makes the Fanboy & Chum Chum theme song sound decent.
- Bland, annoying and poorly-done voice acting.
- Howie is incredibly annoying and unlikable.
- The background music is annoying.
- Mediocre and lazy-looking animation.
- The premise and title make it seem more like an adult cartoon.
- The designs of the title cards are very creepy and uncanny to look at.
- All of the characters (except Howie) are named after the animals that they resemble to, which is utterly lazy.
- Howie's smile is creepy at times.
- Octo, Bunny, Duck, and Narwhal are decent characters on the show. Duck, especially, because everything that comes out of his mouth is hilarious.
- The backgrounds are passable.
- The show improved a little in season 3.
- Some funny moments here and there.
- The show has it's fair share of episodes that are actually pretty good and decent.
- The episode, Hambo 1: Galactic Super Swine Of The Wild West, was a very decent way to end the series.
- The premise of animals running a hotel on an island is pretty interesting, but executed very poorly.